I find it interesting how we meet people thru out our lives, we call them friends for the time being and if we loose contact with them it becomes a violation of some social code to reconnect with them when we need something. I’ve heard the statement made “She only calls me when she needs something” and my response to that is when should she call you considering you both haven’t spoken in a while because you haven’t called her either. We all know what the usual rebuttal is “Damn, call to see how I’m doing, if I’m still alive” the rebuttal is pretty obvious.
The point is, we go thru life collecting friends and have no use for them when we are in need. Why? What are friends for if not to help in a time of need? The cliché that supports my point is “A Friend in need is a Friend in deed”. To further drive home my point despite the break in your friendship continuum, she thought of you the moment a situation in her life presented an opportunity to reconnect! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment